Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Will I be punished?

I am afraid I thought about leaving my daughter on the side of the road this morning.
I was going to go back for her.

Eventually.


Does that count?

She was screaming. SCREAMING. For 10 minutes straight.

All
because
she
didn't
want
to
sit
in
her
brother's
seat.

It's her fault that they even switch seats now. She started this terrible terrible idea by climbing in to his seat weeks ago and strapping herself in. (With a wicked grin on her face, I might add.) So now, if he is listening better and gets into the car first, he usually steals her seat. Too bad.

Of course she was not at all interested in the logic of my explanation.

This on top of the events on the way home last night (pulling over so she can pee in the grass) made me think that the girl needs a little bit of a wake up call.

So. Needless to say (I hope) I did not leave her on the side of the road. But I also sure as hell didn't stop and let her switch seats.

I also had a talk with my love last night about how he spoils her. He has been "helping" her with her dinner by spoon feeding her when she gets too tired or bored to feed herself.

He doesn't do this for our 2 year old (who actually needs help). And, (he agreed) it needs to stop.

Anyway. She made it safely to school.

And I am mostly calmed down.

mostly.

But if you live near me you may want to keep an eye out for an adorable four year old on route one this evening during rush hour.

4 comments:

DEHausfrau said...

Those, "So help me, if you don't stop screaming I will turn this car around" moments always freak me out - all because it occurs to me that I have become, my mother.

Domestic CEO said...

I'll be sure to keep my eyes open.

Unknown said...

Um, my dad actually DID leave me at the side of the road once. After about thirty seconds, he came back to get me.

I'm sure today it would be considered child abuse, but you know what?

I never acted that way again.

Aunt Becky said...

Oh dude, I always want to leave ONE of mine somewhere. Like the black market for kids. I figure I deserve some cash for the damage they've caused.