Friday, May 30, 2008

Verbal Vomit

So let me first say that if you work with me or for me you should not read this post.

No, really.

Just walk away.

Okay, now that they're gone, let me begin spewing.

I am so fing frustrated right now that I could spit.

I cannot seem to get ahead and no matter what I do or how I do it my boss seems incapable of not sticking her nose in.

I recently described her as a dog marking her territory by pissing on everything I do. She has never once, (six years here) handed me anything I worked on and said - "that's great as is". And you might point at me here. You might. But you shouldn't. I am not the problem.

Two moments of wonderment this week:

"Okay, well why don't you start the article and then we'll send it to (her friend) to make it pretty."

um.

okay.

Because I was not a fucking literature major with a minor in creative writing!!!

Because clearly my writing skills are sub par. Because I am apparently not capable of stringing more than two fucking sentences together without her assistance!!!!

Okay.

And then as the ultimate insult. She held a "grammar seminar" last week. A grammar fucking seminar. For adults. Working adults. Adults who work for her and have better things to do with their time!

Okay so here we are at her grammar seminar and she has worked up tests and examples and every single example of a poorly written sentence? Mine!

Now you need to understand that I write 98.9% of every piece of anything that our company produces. Everything we do starts at my desk.

Obviously my writing samples are easy to use. But why didn't she just make examples up?

Why actually use my writing as an example to the entire company of poor writing to the entire company?

It's demeaning. And it's disrespectful. And I know that she did not mean it to be.

But it was. And it is.

I am not sure what to do with all this crap that is building up about my job.

Overall, this is a pretty good gig. She is a great person. And she understands (and supports) my family structure. I also take a great deal of pride in what I have done and continue to do for this company.

But Jesus Fucking Christ. Something has got to change.

And soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My thinking is that she is jealous of you for some reason. She must think you could probably do her job better than she does, and is intimidated by you.

Ugh. Sorry you have to deal with this!