Friday, April 25, 2008

Vengence is Mine

I have been thinking about the past. Thanks to mommy wants vodka. You should read her post. Truly terrifying (and hilarious) stuff. And don't judge me too much by my comment there. They were desperate times.

Normally, I am truly a go with the flow kind of gal. But I did have a brief moment of complete insanity.

It involved a boy. My philosophy statement about him has been that "he felt as though the world owed him something and he was determined to collect through me."

A fairly repulsive human being actually.

I was with him off and on for over two years. And while I look back at that time and shudder I also know that I would not be where I am and who I am without that experience.

"That which does not kill us..." and all that.

But truly. Being with him made me stand up and realize that I was worth a whole lot more than what he had to offer. And being with him made me understand that being alone was truly not a bad or scary thing. He did in fact help me become who I am today, to a certain degree.

And maybe I would have gotten here on my own. But I don't think I would change a thing because my freedom proclamation coincided nicely with the time I met my love. And when I truly wasn't looking I found my soul mate. My best friend.

So I thank the asshole. For inadvertently helping me find happiness. And I thank the bitch who called our apartment at three in the morning just to make sure I KNEW for sure that he was cheating on me.

Thank you.

And I hope you burn in hell for all eternity. Or alternatively, I hope you are still together. Same thing.

In other news it is my love's birthday this weekend. I am happy to say that I have no idea what to get him. I might just let him read this post...

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I had one of those relationships, too. Unfortunately for me, however, I still have to see him. He's Ben's father.

*sighs*

Oh well. Ben's pretty awesome.

paisana said...

Oh, I dated one of those and nearly married him. He never cheated on me, but he was such a bastard in so many other ways that I didn't find out until I got bored and broke up with him.