Friday, August 03, 2007

Power

Here is my boy. The last of the mohicans. Tim is so pleased with himself.

Dean looks more like my sister-in-law than he does me. She could easily have been his mom.
If she were still alive I might be jealous. But as she will never have the chance to have children of her own, Dean is hers, to a certain degree. I see her when I look at him and I love him even more for that (if that's possible).

My SIL, Vicki, took her own life. She sat down in a chair with a plastic bag and a cannister of helium and never stood back up. She was 27, I think. It was 4 months after my wedding, almost 6 years ago now.

Yesterday my mother in law sent me an email to let me know that the monster that molested her eight year old daughter, died in his sleep on July 17th.

I don't really believe in afterlife. Heaven or hell.

But I am sure that this man's soul is burning.

I am not a very vengeful person.

But he got away with so much in life, never having to pay, never having to answer for his crimes. Vicki battled with what happened to her her entire life. And in the end, she lost.

I hope he burns and I hope it hurts.

And I hope that my husband will survive this last reminder without building up so much anger that he explodes, or implodes.

If my little mohican loves his sister only half as much as Tim loves Vicki, she is one lucky girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that is beyond heart-breaking...And is it really a suicide when some monster kills your spirit as a little child first, and then you physically die many years later? I have to wonder...