Friday, August 17, 2007

To Do Lists

So I am proud to say that I have been ticking items off of my to-do list like a mad woman lately. And boy am I tired.

My tire that I have been putting off taking to the shop did indeed have a nail in it. Fixed. My duvet managed to make it off my bed and to the laundromat. It is now sweet smelling and clean. I sent off the massive amounts of paper I needed to compile to change my name on my passport in time for my trip to Mexico. What a Pain in the Ass (but I am SO sure it will be worth it)!

I am traveling a LOT. And not all for business so I am partially to blame for the state of my home and the fact that I have thrown out more of my CSA vegetables than I have eaten this year...

BUT

This week I chaperoned my first school event and got the pleasure of spending two hours in a movie theater with my daughter and her friends. I will chaperon again. I loved the extra time with her. And she was giddy that I was a part of her field trip.

We had an opportunity for some more mom and Maya time last night.

Let me first say that I love musicals. They are a part of my make up. My parents took me to see Annie when I was approx 7 and I have been hooked ever since. I love the fantasy and the production. I marvel at the lyrics, the costumes, the lights. I listen to the soundtracks and sing along when ever no one is listening, and sometimes when they are. So, one of my "first chance I get" things I wanted to do with my daughter (and really so that I will have someone to go with) was to take her to a musical.

So we went to a Summer Stage production of Seussical the Musical last night.

At first she was a little scared. She covered her ears and asked to sit on my lap. And I have to admit that there were A LOT of kids on that stage. It was a little intimidating. But she was clapping after every song and smiling along with the production as it moved on it's merry way. I am betting that she didn't understand most of what was going on but she seemed to be having fun.

Because I love musicals I want Maya to like them too. Not with any kind of desperation, but in a wouldn't it be nice kind of way. Or at least that's what I thought.

Until about 45 minutes into the play when she tugged on my sleeve, her eyes still fixed on the stage, and whispered:

"mommy can I do that when I get bigger?"

And I got teary.

Such a drama queen.

1 comment:

Domestic CEO said...

So glad the outing was a success!!!