Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On illness and the ilk

My husband is ill.

This is a rare and unusual occurrence and it makes me appreciate him more. And it makes me appreciate me more. I have the patience of a saint!

And my mother is visiting. And I have become aware of the fact that my parents have stopped making (many)critical comments to me. And her visit has made me aware that this does not mean they have stopped being critical of me, they've just stopped making the comments.

And part of me says, what the f? And the other part of my smiles and sighs and says think what you want as long as I don't have to hear about it.

So two things.

I have taken my car back. I no longer allow snacks to and from school and no milk sippy cups are allowed EVER (see my previous blog on this). I also make a point to clean out all school stuff each night so that nothing piles up. I am also limiting the number of toys per child to one at a time. So my car feels like a car again and I feel less like a slob.

My mom's comment: "Well I know your dad will be happy to hear that!"
hmmmmmmmm???????

And I got a cute new do. And I am becoming much more comfortable about the statement. I like it and I like the way it makes me feel. I have become a more active ummm "female" because of it. Or due to it. Or whatever.

My mom has said very little. Which also speaks volumes.

So I am okay with this new strategy. It works for me.

Oh and it is works for me wednesday.

No comments: