Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How did this happen? Or my life as a non sequitor.

So the title is a bit misleading. I know how this happened. But I am not sure how I let "this" become "me".

How did I become this category? This "full time working" mom. This mom who literally needs a village to help her raise her kids. This mom.

So I got a cute new hair do. (Thank you Rosalie)and my husband's proclamation is "not at all momish". Which was my goal. I am trying to break out of the mold.
The moldy moldy mold. I have hair that swings and has streaks and is cute. I am trying.

And I have had a lot going on. My husband left his job. His new job, the one he had for all of six weeks. And I can say "good riddance", but the cost of that foray into unhappy employment cost us a good deal of money. Well into the thousands of unrecoverable expenses. And now he is working for a company that could potentially be his perfect fit. I am too pessimistic to be optimistic about it yet but I find myself thinking "yahoo!" from time to time so it is good stuff.

In other news, My husband went to the Dr because he is having pain in his side. He had a CT scan, and blood work and a chest xray because when he went in the Doc said his lung sounds were uneven.

The good news? His lungs are fine and he has diverticulosis. Not the same as the itis of the similar name but close. He now has to eat more greens and avoid spicy foods.

The bad news? The CT scan showed a gumball sized "something" on his kidney. So Monday he had an MRI. (which the doctor called in from his vacation to insist he do THAT day).

The good news? It's not cancerous. May be a cyst, may be a benign tumor but they will just keep an eye on it and see if it does anything in the next 3-6 months...which is also the bad news. I hate waiting. (did anyone else hear Inigo from The Princess Bride when I wrote that?)

Okay I am done with the good news bad news game. I mean if you thought it was annoying to read, just imagine what it has been like to live.

Along the same vein - I got a concerned email from my dad about my mom's weight and health. It seems that the effects of her near death experience(s) has warn off and she is now back to just watching TV and eating (his words). She is coming to visit and my dad asked me to talk to her. I have to say that if nearly dying twice didn't do it - I don't know what I can possibly say that will...

And now for a complete change of topic. I had to sign a non-compete at work. This form included language about all "ideas" or "inventions" that I create while employed here being owned by the company. I had a lawyer friend look at it because it seemed to me that the language was not specific to ideas related to the company and he agreed.

I mentioned it to my boss before signing it. She mentioned it to her lawyer who advised against changing any of the language. She passed this along to me with a verbal "agreement" that she does not feel that anything I create that is not work related belongs to the company. SO WHY NOT CHANGE THE LANGUAGE you might ask?

Well anyway, I signed it. And got a nice bonus and a swanky new title. But I have to say I just have a bad taste in my mouth because of this (it may also be the bad coffee I am currently drinking...). And so it goes.

I have to go now because I don't want to put too much in to this blog since it is company property...

Okay. To be fair? She also put together a phenomenal bonus and compensation package and made it so that I will get a percentage of all proceeds should she sell the company.

I might have sold my blog to the company, but I got a great price.

1 comment:

Oonie said...

Wow. That's a lot going on. Can't wait to catch up on most of it in person. And congrats on the promotion/bonus!