Friday, January 04, 2008

It started out shitty...

...and rolled down hill from there.

I had to take my coffee to work in an old 12 oz Avent bottle (yes, with the nipple on it)

I stood outside our office door trying to figure out why I couldn't unlock our door.

The answer: it was already unlocked.

I've had to deal with the fall out of firing an employee on Wednesday and I'm trying to figure out which are more annoying: the employees who are not afraid of me at the moment or the ones who are.

2008 is shaping into a VERY tough year for me work wise. Looks like I might have to earn that very nice bonus promised me next year...

And this is how my child day ended.

Maya:
"I love you and you're my sweetieheart."
me:
"ahhh"
Maya:
"and sweetieheart means there's a hole in the ceiling."

Somehow that made more sense to me than most of what has happened to me today...

And the thing is. There IS a hole in the ceiling. The plumber comes out Wednesday.

Here's to the beginning of my non-kid day. I can hear a shot calling to me from the kitchen.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Domestic CEO said...

I'm sorry your year is starting out so bad - at least New Year's Eve was good. :)