Thursday, April 12, 2007

Filling the Void

I do believe that weight and overeating has something to do with unhappiness. It is kind of a catch 22 though. Unhappy so you eat and gain weight or unhappy because you are over weight?

I am exploring this cycle for my mother. She is over weight, she always has been. Even her little girl photos show a pudgy little cutie. She has grown more each year. She is well over 300lbs now.

And she is in the hospital for pneumonia.

It's a hard one. Because she cannot be active right now but I have to talk to her about getting off of her sizable ass and moving. And I can't be a hippocrite. I need to move more too. I need to manage my food intake and watch my belt line. I have not gained a pound or a size in over 5 years. An argument could be made that this is my weight. It wouldn't be a very good argument.

More later. I have to go have lunch...

No comments: